Giclée , commonly pronounced "jhee-clay," is a an archival, high-quality, fine art print on canvas or fine art paper using ink-jet and digital methods. Giclée/Archival prints use inks which are tested to last over 150-200 years and are printed on acid-free surfaces.
Our Canvas Reproductions are the highest quality Giclée prints available. We use top quality Archval Fine Art Canvas to ensure that you will own a piece of art that will last a lifetime.
They are personally inspected by our studio experts for approval of color and print quality.
Once the prints are created, they are set to dry fully and then varnished with several coats of a professional UV inhibitor and protective clear coating.
Once dry, the Canvas Giclée Prints are Gallery Wrapped with colored edges coordinating with the colors of the Painting. Gallery Wrapped using 1 1/2 inch depth bars. Gallery wrapped means that the canvas is stapled to the stretcher bars on the back of the painting, keeping the sides of the canvas neat and professional looking)
A Frame is not necessary with a Gallery Wrapped Canvas since all of the sides of the painting are clean and neat looking, but some people have a preference to frame it as an added touch for their Home or Office Decor.
Similarly to the Canvas Reproductions, our Archival Prints on Fine Art Paper are personally inspected by our studio experts for color accuracy and print quality.
We use the most superb Archival Fine Art papers. These are Acid-Free and Archival which will last longer than a lifetime.
You will need to frame your Fine Art Archival prints on paper in order to display them. They will arrive safely wrapped and rolled up in a shipping tube.
After the Archival Canvas Print is custom made and inspected for color accuracy, layers of clear brushwork are hand painted over the surface.
This creates a very durable protective semi-gloss surface, deepens the richness of colors and gives the surface of the print a textured brushwork similar to an original painting. When a print is Embellished, most people think the piece is an original!
This Embellishment option is only available for Canvas Reproductions.
* To see an example of this surface treatment, click here.
Sure! Just email us and we'll be happy to help!
Yes, some of our original paintings are available for sale to collectors, galleries and individuals who wish to invest in his work. Simply contact us if you are in the market for such a purchase.
When you buy a Limited Edition Print, you are investing as a collector in a rare Artist signed Giclée Print, which is hand numbered in a limited series of prints in this size and medium.
If for instance your print is in an edition of 100, that means that only 100 of this print shall be created for this limited series.
Your print will arrive to you hand numbered and signed by the Artist and your name and limited edition purchase will be documented in our records.
Historically, the value limited edition prints will rise dramatically as they become less available and are sold out.
Our Artists are available for private commissions, licensing & photography assignments.
How long will my order take to arrive ?
- Your orders are very important to us, so we strive to get your prints and merchandise out as quick as possible.
- Most "in-stock" items, such as matted prints, posters, apparel and candles etc., will ship out within 1-5 business days on average.
- Since many of the high-end fine art and canvas prints need personalized artist's attention and proper drying times, delivery times may vary and may take an average of 4-14 business days to produce.
- Choosing an Express or Rush Delivery Option *only* refers to the time it takes from our door to your door when the print is ready to ship. This does NOT mean that your custom printed order will arrive to you within 1-3 days of actual ordering time.
What other sorts of custom upgrades are available for my order?
- Many country's customs and inspections processes slow things down as much as 15-30 days after a package is shipped from our studio. We wish we could prevent this but it's completely out of our control and also rather typical. Once it passes customs, it will arrive to you, so please be patient.
- Once your order promptly leaves our studio, we do not have access to any more information than you do from the tracking number that we provided to you in your order confirmation email.
- It is normal while a package is in transit for there to be days or a week or more where there's no updates online from the tracking number. The postal services generally check in the package at all main stops along the way, so if it's sitting in customs, it may take a bit of time for them to get to it without any new updates.
- If you purchased shipping insurance and your order is much later than 30 days after the date that we shipped, you may be eligible to file a claim. We will try and help you through this process. USPS requires 30 days to pass from the time of shipping to file such a claim.
Do you offer returns or exchanges?
- We can customize your print order with a variety of other options. Here's a brief listing:Custom sizes: We can prepare prints almost any size. So if you want something you don't see, just contact us for a quote.
- Custom Framing: Get your print or canvas reproduction ready to hang with custom framing! Choose between our beautiful floating frames (see example here) or choose your own style of framing. Just contact us for more information.
- Custom Matting - We can have your prints arrive with Mats pre-cut and ready to frame.
Your satisfaction is very important to us and we are proud of having a nearly perfect satisfaction rating. We sell honestly and are willing to help you before you make your purchase, so please be sure to ask any questions before placing your order and read through the descriptions.
Return Policies: All archival Prints, Skateboards, Surfboards, Candles, Matted Prints and Posters sales are final. T-Shirts are exchangeable for size but must be returned unworn and in brand-new condition.
Damage during shipping is very rare, we have almost every package arrive perfectly! However if this should occur please let us know via email including photos. You may be able to issue a claim with shipping service (If shipping insurance was purchased.) We ship around the world and put a lot of care into packaging our products securely but we are not to be held responsible for damage during transit, thus we encourage purchasing optional shipping insurance.
Any exchanges or returns must be approved and authorized first. Sending back merchandise without an authorization does not guarantee any refund or exchange. If there is any issue with your order, please let us know, we are always very happy to help you.
Yes, contact us. We hand pick quality locations to sell our work. We are happy to give you a call or email to discuss opening an account.
Fine galleries, surf shops, retail stores across the globe have our prints available for sale. If you don't see it, ask for it. We're working hard on getting the art out there, you're help is appreciated very much! Also, sign up for the mailing list and check out the News and Shows sections on www.JayAlders.com
Yes! If you wish to pay by PayPal, it is given as one of your Check Out Options. Be sure after paying through PayPal that you follow the links back to the Shop so our system can confirm the payment.
When you attempt to place an order with an online merchant such as us. *Sometimes* your bank or credit card will put a "temporary hold" on the funds you were going to pay with.
If your order didn't process but you see money coming out of your online statement, give it a day or two and the 'temporary hold' will release and the funds will go back into your account. This is done by your credit card/bank, not us.
Once in a while, a credit card won't process or will decline. The reason for this most of the time, is because your address doesn't match your Card Holder Information on file.
As a security measure, if the address is misspelled or slightly different from what your Credit Card Company has on file, it will decline the transaction to protect you.
You should check your Credit Card Bill and verify that everything is up to date and accurate. You may also use Paypal or arrange to send us a Bank Check or Money Order.
If this is not the case and you have some issue with placing an order, please contact us, we'll be happy to help and would appreciate knowing of any issue.
Yes!! We ship almost anywhere in the World, if you have any issue when ordering to your country, please let us know. Shipping rates are calculated and will be shown to you before you check out.
When ordering larger canvases to be shipped outside of the United States please contact us before ordering to determine actual shipping options and costs (*Note: USPS.com does not ship oversized packages, only UPS does.)
When you pay using your credit card or paypal, currency is converted automatically. For Currency Conversion rates, go here.
Here are some tips and assistance we have to help bring shipping costs down:
1. When ordering Canvas Giclées - Shipping costs go up dramatically with larger canvas prints because of their size. So one option is ordering a slightly smaller size.
2. Also, what many customers like to do is have the canvas print shipped unassembled. You can inexpensively have a local framer or artist stretch your new canvas print once you receive it. This will allow us to ship it in a tube or smaller box and shipping will be much cheaper. If you wish to do this option, contact us.
3. If you are ordering more than one canvas print, shipping weight will be affected and make the shipping cost go up. Please contact us if you need help shipping more than one canvas.
4. When shipping smaller items, USPS is the best option for lower costs. When items get too large, they no longer will ship overseas and UPS is then the only option which costs much more.
5. Shipping Fine Art Giclée Prints is much less expensive since they are lighter and shipped in tubes instead of boxes.
Nope. Sorry, but we are not legally permitted to do so.
Just add item(s) to your Shopping Cart, you will have an option to automatically calculate shipping to anywhere before you check out.
If you have questions about saving when shipping multiple items or shipping internationally, contact us, we'll be happy to help!
We strongly recommend adding shipping insurance. We very rarely have any issues with shipping, but the small added cost of shipping insurance is worth the peace of mind. Without adding shipping insurance, we are not responsible for any loss or damage that occurs during transport. Should you need to file an insurance claim if your package had any issues, please email us several clear photos and details so we can help you out as efficiently as possible.
For each purchase you make, you earn Rewards Credits. This is our way of thanking you for your purchase and helping you to save money on your next purchase. You can view your Rewards Credits in the My Rewards Section of My Account. You will be able to redeem your earned credits for Rewards Gift Certificates. An email will be sent to you with a code. Use this code like a coupon code and save.
"Thank you so much for your support and interest in my Artistic Dreams."